Welcome to Langtree School Admissions
The Langtree School PAN number is 120
Please see the Oxfordshire County Councils Website for details on how to apply for a place at Langtree School.
Admission Appeals Timeline 2017 DfE Schools Admissions Code – APPEALS For further information on how to appeal please see: https://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/cms/content/appealing-school-place Transition Dates for 2017
- Parents’ Transition Workshops: Monday 12th June: 6.00pm-8.00pm; Wednesday 14th June 9.30am-11.30am; and Monday 19th June 6.00pm-8.00pm to be held in the Lions Den, Community School House, opposite Langtree School. This is an informal workshop which parents are invited to attend to discuss their hopes, expectations and concerns around their child’s transition from primary to secondary school. If you would like to attend this event, please email Mrs Belcher at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- School Visit by Mrs Bev Belcher– Head of Year 7 & Transition. This is an opportunity for Mrs Belcher to meet with all pupils moving up to Langtree School and their Year 6 class teacher. Mrs Belcher will contact schools directly in June to arrange a visit.
- Singles Transition Event – Tuesday 13 June, 9.30am – 10.30am. This event is for any student where they are the only student transferring to Langtree from their primary school. It is an opportunity for them to meet other students who are also coming independently; make friends and to feel part of a group before the Taster day.
- Taster Day – Wednesday 21st June: Students are invited to use the mode of transport on this day that is already provided and which they will use from September 2016. However, if you prefer you are welcome to drop your child at school by car where there will be students waiting to greet them. Please send your child in their current school uniform with a pencil case and their PE kit. Students should arrive at 8.40am for 8.50am registration. The school day finishes at 3.30pm. Students can either purchase lunch or bring a packed lunch; a school meal is approximately £2.80 per student.
- New Parents’ Coffee Morning – Wednesday 5th July: 11.00am-12.30pm in the Lions’ Den, Community School House, opposite Langtree School. This is an informal opportunity for you to come along and meet some of the staff at Langtree or just chat with other parents over a cup of tea and a biscuit or two! There will also be a representative from Trutex available to discuss uniform.
- Parent / Pupil Welcome Evening – Monday 17th July: 6.45pm for 7.00pm in the Main Hall. There will be an address from the Head Teacher, Mr Holroyd, and other key members of staff. Students will meet their Tutors and will be invited to meet their peers.
- Key Stage 3 Seminar – Tuesday 26 Sept 6.30pm. A letter giving details will be sent out nearer the time.
- If you have any queries please email email@example.com
Admission Pack for students joining Langtree School from September 2017:
Pack One: The Forms
- Student Enrolment form (Compulsory)
- Second Parent form
- Response to Taster Day form (Compulsory)
- Langtree Code of Conduct form (Compulsory)
- Locker request letter
- Learning a Musical Instrument 2017
- Library Joining Form
Pack Two: Information
- For School Transport information including bus timetables please go to: https://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/cms/content/school-bus-timetables-and-routes
- For general transport enquiries, please call: 01865 323500
Langtree School: Debbie Hayward, Admissions Administrator. Telephone: 01491 683364 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org Oxfordshire County Council: General Admissions Telephone: 01865 815175 or visit Oxfordshire County Council website at: www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/admissions