Welcome to Langtree School Admissions
The Langtree School PAN (Planned Admission Number) is 120
ADMISSIONS POLICY 2012 to 2016 entry
Please see the Oxfordshire County Councils Website for details on how to apply for a place at Langtree School.
For further information on how to appeal please see: https://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/cms/content/appealing-school-place
Transition Event Dates for 2018:
- Parents’ Transition Workshops: Monday 11th June: 6.00pm-8.00pm; Wednesday 13th June 9.30am-11.30am; and Monday 18th June 6.00pm-8.00pm to be held in the Lions Den, Community School House, opposite Langtree School. This is an informal workshop which parents are invited to attend to discuss their hopes, expectations and concerns around their child’s transition from primary to secondary school. If you would like to attend this event, please email Mrs Belcher at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- School Visit by Mrs Bev Belcher– Head of Year 7 & 8 and Transition. This is an opportunity for Mrs Belcher to meet with all pupils moving up to Langtree School and their Year 6 class teacher. Mrs Belcher will contact schools directly in June to arrange a visit.
- Singles Transition Events – Tuesday 12th June, 9.30am – 10.30am and Friday 15th June 9.30-10.30am. These events are for any students where they are the only student transferring to Langtree from their primary school. It is an opportunity for them to meet other students who are also coming independently; make friends and to feel part of a group before the Taster day. If you would like your child to attend this event, please email Mrs Belcher at: email@example.com
- Taster Day – Tuesday 19th June. Students are invited to use the mode of transport on this day that is already provided and which they will use from September 2018 (e.g. school coach). However, if you prefer you are welcome to drop your child at school by car where there will be students waiting to greet them. Please send your child in their current school uniform, with a pencil case and their PE kit. Students can bring a packed lunch or purchase lunch, the cost of which is approximately £3.00 per student. Students should arrive at 8.40am and go the main hall via the student entrance which is located in the car park. Registration is at 8.50am and the school day finishes at 3.30pm.
- New Parents’ Coffee Morning – Wednesday 4th July: 11.00am-12.00 midday in the Lions’ Den, Community School House, opposite Langtree School. This is an informal opportunity for you to come along and meet some of the staff at Langtree or just chat with other parents over a cup of tea and a biscuit or two! There will also be a representative from Trutex available to discuss uniform.
- Parent / Pupil Welcome Evening – Monday 23rd July: arrive from 5.15pm in the Main Hall. There will be an address from the Head Teacher, Mr Holroyd at 5.30pm and other key members of staff. Students will meet their Tutors and the children that will be in their tutor group.
- Key Stage 3 Seminar – Date to be confirmed. A letter giving details will be sent out nearer the time.
- If you have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Admission Pack for students joining Langtree School from September 2018:
Pack One: The Forms
- Student Enrolment Form 2018 Compulsory
- Second Parent form
- CashLess Catering (Compulsory if having a paid school meal)
- Response to Taster Day form 2018 (Compulsory)
- Langtree Code of Conduct form (Compulsory)
- Locker request letter
- Learning a Musical Instrument 2018
- Library Membership Form
Pack Two: Information
- Welcome Letter February 2018
- Uniform and Equipment List 2018 (For information on school uniform please go to: www.myschoolwear.co.uk who are based in Didcot. Tel No.: 01235 211011)
- Parents Transfer letter 2018
- School Uniform. For information regarding school uniform please go to: www.myschoolwear.co.uk who are based in Didcot. Tel No.: 01235 211011
- For School Transport information including bus timetables please go to: https://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/cms/content/school-bus-timetables-and-routes
- For general transport enquiries, please call: 01865 323500
Langtree School: Debbie Hayward, Admissions Administrator. Telephone: 01491 683364 or email: email@example.com
Oxfordshire County Council: General Admissions Telephone: 0345 241 2487 or visit Oxfordshire County Council website at: www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/admissions or by email: admissions.childrensservices@Oxfordshire.gov.uk