APPLICATIONS FOR FREE SCHOOL MEALS
We would like to make you aware of the ‘Free School Meals’ scheme which operates in our School.
Under the current criteria, children who receive, or whose parents receive, one or more of the following support payments are entitled to receive free school meals (FSM) and are eligible for 2-year-old funding.
- Income Support (IS).
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA).
- Income-related employment and support allowance (IRESA).
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income, as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, which does not exceed £16,190 (FSM only).
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit.
- Where a parent is entitled to Working Tax Credit run-on (the payment someone receives for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit).
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- Working Tax Credit (eligible for 2-year-old funding only) and have an annual income, as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, which does not exceed £16,190.
- Disability Living Allowance (eligible for 2-year-old funding but only if the child is the recipient).
- Universal Credit.
Should you feel you might qualify, please complete the application form and return this to Langtree School. We will verify the entitlement through “The Hub” at Oxfordshire County Council.
Should you be entitled to the free school meals scheme you should be aware that you have a legal duty to inform your school of any changes to your support payment. Re-application to the scheme will be required on a six monthly basis.
Please contact Mrs A Temple firstname.lastname@example.org 01491 680514 for more information.
Children can choose between the following for their lunch:
- Sandwich e.g. chicken mayo, tuna, cheese or ham) with a bottle of water and either fruit or cake
- Hot lunch = a hot meal e.g. lasagne, chilli, curry, fish and vegetarian meals, and a bottle of water
- Salad from the salad bar and a bottle of water
- Pasta (different toppings each day) from the pasta cart and a bottle of water