APPLICATIONS FOR FREE SCHOOL MEALS
We would like to make you aware of the ‘Free School Meals’ scheme which operates in our School.
Under the current criteria, children who receive, or whose parents receive, one or more of the following support payments are entitled to receive free school meals (FSM) and are eligible for 2-year-old funding.
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support (IS).
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA).
- Income-related employment and support allowance (IRESA).
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income, as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, which does not exceed £16,190 (FSM only).
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit.
- Where a parent is entitled to Working Tax Credit run-on (the payment someone receives for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit).
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
From 1st April 2018 all existing free school meals claimants will continue to receive free school meals whilst Universal Credit is rolled out. This will apply even if their earnings rise above the new threshold during that time.
Should you feel you might qualify, please complete the application form and return this to Langtree School. We will verify the entitlement through “The Hub” at Oxfordshire County Council.
Should you be entitled to the free school meals scheme you should be aware that you have a legal duty to inform your school of any changes to your support payment. Re-application to the scheme will be required on a six monthly basis.
Please contact Mrs A Temple email@example.com 01491 680514 ext 226 for more information.