At 5 am the met office posted a revised weather forecast which included possible thunderstorms in the Woodcote area between 11 am and 12 noon.
Despite my hatred of the risk-averse culture and the fact I know I am going to look out my window at 12 o’clock to see bright sunshine I cannot send the students out into the woods if there is a risk of lightning.
I have therefore taken the decision to postpone the sponsored walk today and revert to normal lessons.
Students will not be expected to wear uniform.
Apologies for the inconvenience.