Welcome to Langtree School Admissions
The Langtree School PAN (Planned Admission Number) is 120
2nd March 2020
- Letter to parents / carers of students not offered a place at Langtree School from Mr Bamford, Headteacher.
Please see the Oxfordshire County Councils Website for details on how to apply for a place at Langtree School.
For further information on how to appeal please click HERE.
Transition Event Dates for Rising Year 7’s September 2020:
- Parents’ Transition Workshops: Monday 18th May: 6.00pm-8.00pm; Monday 8th June 6.00pm-8.00pm; and Tuesday 9th June 9.30-11.30am to be held in the Lions Den, Community School House, opposite Langtree School. This is an informal workshop which parents are invited to attend to discuss their hopes, expectations and concerns around their child’s transition from primary to secondary school. If you would like to attend this event, please email Mrs Belcher at: email@example.com
- School Visit by Mrs Bev Belcher– Head of Year 7 & 8 and Transition. This is an opportunity for Mrs Belcher to meet with all pupils moving up to Langtree School and their Year 6 class teacher. Mrs Belcher will contact schools directly in June to arrange a visit.
- Singles Transition Event – Wednesday 17th June, 9.30am – 10.30am. This event is for any students where they are the only student transferring to Langtree from their primary school. It is an opportunity for them to meet other students who are also coming independently; make friends and to feel part of a group before the Taster day. If you would like your child to attend this event, please email Mrs Belcher at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Taster Day – Tuesday 30th June. Please send your child in their current school uniform, with a pencil case and their PE kit. Students can bring a packed lunch or purchase lunch, the cost of which is approximately £3.00 per student. Students should arrive at 8.40am and go the main hall via the student entrance which is located in the car park. Registration is at 8.50am and the school day finishes at 3.30pm. Please note use of the contracted bus services is not permitted, therefore please make your own arrangements to bring your child/ren to and from school on this day.
- New Parents’ Coffee Morning – Monday 6th July: 11.00am-12.00 midday in the Lions’ Den, Community School House, opposite Langtree School. This is an informal opportunity for you to come along and meet some of the staff at Langtree or just chat with other parents over a cup of tea and a biscuit or two! There will also be a representative from Trutex available to discuss uniform.
- Parent / Pupil Welcome Evening – Monday 20th July: arrive from 5.45pm in the Main Hall. There will be an address from the Head Teacher at 6.00pm and other key members of staff. Students will meet their Tutors and the children that will be in their tutor group.
- Key Stage 3 Seminar – Date to be confirmed. A letter giving details will be sent out nearer the time.
- If you have any queries please email email@example.com
Admission Pack for students joining Langtree School
Pack One: The Forms
- Student Enrolment Form 2020 (Compulsory)
- Second Parent form
- Cashless Catering Form 2020 (Compulsory)
- Library Membership Form 2020
- Response to Taster Day form 2020 – Rising Yr 7’s only (Compulsory)
- Locker request letter 2020
- Learning a Musical Instrument form 2020
- Parents’ Transition Flier form 2020
Pack Two: Information
- 2020-2021 Term Dates
- Uniform and Equipment List 2020 (For further information on school uniform please go to: www.myschoolwear.co.uk who are based in Didcot. Tel No.: 01235 211011)
Copies of the school policies can be found on the policies page of the website, please click HERE to go to the policies page.
- School Uniform. For information regarding school uniform please go to: www.myschoolwear.co.uk who are based in Didcot. Tel No.: 01235 211011
- For School Transport information including bus timetables please go to: https://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/cms/content/school-bus-timetables-and-routes
- For general transport enquiries, please call: 01865 323500
Langtree School: Debbie Hayward, Admissions Administrator. Telephone: 01491 683364 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Oxfordshire County Council: General Admissions Telephone: 0345 241 2487 or visit Oxfordshire County Council website at: www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/admissions or by email: admissions.childrensservices@Oxfordshire.gov.uk