Welcome to Langtree School Admissions
(please scroll down the page to access all information)
The Langtree School PAN (Planned Admission Number) is 120
Designated feeder schools: Checkendon CE Primary School – Goring CE Primary School – Nettlebed Primary School – South Stoke Primary School – Stoke Row Primary School – Whitchurch Primary School. Please also refer to the Admissions Policy above.
Please see the Oxfordshire County Councils Website for details on how to apply for a place at Langtree School.
For further information on how to appeal please click HERE.
Transition Event Dates for Rising Year 7’s September 2021:
Note: Re: Covid-19. Due to the current situation regarding Coronavirus, the events listed below are subject to change. Please monitor this page for any updates.
- Parents’ Transition Workshops – Monday 24th May 2021: 6.00pm-8.00pm, Wednesday 26th May 2021: 9.30-11.30am, Monday 14th June 2021 6.00pm-8.00pm to be held in the Lions Den, Community School House, opposite Langtree School. This is an informal workshop which parents are invited to attend to discuss their hopes, expectations and concerns around their child’s transition from primary to secondary school. If you would like to attend this event, please email Mrs Belcher at: email@example.com
- School visit by Mrs Belcher -Head of Year 7 & 8 and Transition w/c 7th June 2021. This is an opportunity for Mrs Belcher to meet with all pupils moving up to Langtree School and their Year 6 class teacher. Mrs Belcher will contact schools directly in June to arrange a visit.
- Singles Transition Event – Tuesday 22 June 2021 9.30am-10.30am. This event is for any students where they are the only student transferring to Langtree from their primary school. It is an opportunity for them to meet other students who are also coming independently; make friends and to feel part of a group before the Taster day. If you would like your child to attend this event, please email Mrs Belcher at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Taster Day – Tuesday 6th July 2021. Please send your child in their current school uniform, with a pencil case and their PE kit. Students can bring a packed lunch or purchase lunch, the cost of which is approximately £3.00 per student. Students should arrive at 8.40am and go the main hall via the student entrance which is located in the car park. Registration is at 8.50am and the school day finishes at 3.30pm. Please note use of the contracted bus services is not permitted, therefore please make your own arrangements to bring your child/ren to and from school on this day.
- New Parents’ Coffee Morning – Wednesday 7th July 2021: 11.00am-12.00 midday in the Lions’ Den, Community School House, opposite Langtree School. This is an informal opportunity for you to come along and meet some of the staff at Langtree or just chat with other parents over a cup of tea and a biscuit or two! There will also be a representative from Trutex available to discuss uniform.
- Parent / Pupil Welcome Evening – Monday 19th July 2021: arrive from 5.45pm for a 6pm start in the Main Hall. There will be an address from the Head Teacher at 6.00pm and other key members of staff. Students will meet their Tutors and the children that will be in their tutor group.
- Key Stage 3 Seminar – Date to be confirmed. A letter giving details will be sent out nearer the time.
- If you have any queries please email email@example.com
Admission Pack for students joining Langtree School
Pack One: The Forms
Pack Two: Information
Copies of the school policies can be found on the policies page of the website, please click HERE to go to the policies page.
- School Uniform. For information regarding school uniform please go to: www.myschoolwear.co.uk who are based in Didcot. Tel No.: 01235 211011
- For School Transport information including bus timetables please go to: https://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/cms/content/school-bus-timetables-and-routes
- For general transport enquiries, please call: 01865 323500
Langtree School: Debbie Hayward, Admissions Administrator. Telephone: 01491 683364 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Oxfordshire County Council: General Admissions Telephone: 0345 241 2487 or visit Oxfordshire County Council website at: www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/admissions or by email: admissions.childrensservices@Oxfordshire.gov.uk