Pupil Premium and Year 7 Catch Up Funding
The Pupil Premium is an allocation of additional funding provided to schools to support specific groups of children who are vulnerable to possible underachievement. These include pupils who are entitled to free school meals, those looked after by the local authority and children of armed service personnel.
We will continue to use the Pupil Premium funding to support students to raise standards and attainment. The funding has been used in a number of different areas, including but not limited to:
- Teaching Staff- To employ additional teaching staff to offer additional intervention in English and Maths in order to improve attainment
- Coaching/Mentoring – To provide additional support in order to help students achieve their full potential
- Student Support – To support pupils’ attendance, self-esteem and attitudes to learning.
- Wider Curriculum Experience – To enhance the curriculum and to ensure that all students are able to participate in all educational activities off site, and to engage in all the new and challenging activities offered in our ‘outdoor classroom’.
- Pupil Premium Strategy Statement 2018 2019
- Pupil Premium Strategy Statement 2017 2018
- Year 7 Catch Up Funding Report 2017-2018
- Catch Up Funding Report 2015 – 2016 and 2016 – 2017
- Pupil Premium Report 2015 – 2016
- Pupil Premium Report 2014 2015
If your child does not have Free School Meals, but may be eligible because of your family’s income level, please do contact us (in confidence) to register them. Even if you do not wish them to have the meals, this would mean the school could still claim Pupil Premium funding that may be used to help your child.
Please click HERE for more information about Free School Meals
Pupil Premium Funding Letter: Pupil Premium Parental Awareness Letter 2017
And for more details about the Pupil Premium please visit: http://www.education.gov.uk/schools/pupilsupport/premium
For Financial Assistance: Financial Assistance Application Form