Students are expected to take pride in their appearance and meet the school’s uniform code.
Uniform for Years 7-10
- Blue v neck logo jumper, white logo polo shirt or white logo shirt with school tie, choice of two styles of black tailored logo trousers or a choice of two styles of skirts
Uniform for Year 11
- Grey v neck logo jumper or grey logo cardigan, white logo polo shirt or white logo shirt with school tie, choice of two styles of black tailored logo trousers or a choice of two styles of skirts.
- Plain outdoor coat – Coats/scarves should not be worn in lessons. No hoodies, sweatshirts or jumpers should be worn. No denim or leather jackets.
- Shoes – Leather or leather type only, plain black (no sports logos) flat heels only. No trainers, no boots, no canvas shoes. (Visual Guide)
- Socks – navy blue, black or white. Tights –black.
- No leggings or denim clothing of any sort.
- Belts –black, plain, no studs.
- Students may wear one pair of small, plain stud earrings, no more than one stud in each ear in line with the County Health and Safety Policy. Studs may not be worn anywhere other than in the ears. No other form of body piercing is acceptable.
- No other jewellery is permitted
- No student should have his/her hair dyed an unnatural colour, nor should any student come to school with a shaven or partly shaved head. Long hair must be tied back for safety reasons in practical lessons – this applies equally all genders.
- Discreet makeup may be worn. No nail varnish or nail extensions.
- Jewellery that is not permitted will be confiscated.
Students may wear one pair of small, plain stud earrings, no more than one stud in each ear in line with the County Health and Safety Policy. One stud may be worn in each ear lobe or in the outer area of the ear, the helix. Students cannot have a piercing in their tragus. Students cannot have multiple earrings even if they are ‘invisible’ or ‘transparent’ material. No ear bars are allowed. No other form of body piercing is acceptable.
PE & GAMES EQUIPMENT
All sports clothes and equipment needs to be brought to school as and when it is required and preferably carried in a suitable sports bag. It is very important that all items of equipment and the bag itself should be named clearly.
- Navy/cyclone blue polo shirt (Unisex) with Langtree logo
- Navy/cyclone blue shorts (Unisex) or skort with Langtree logo
- Navy/cyclone blue sports socks (Unisex) with Langtree logo
- Navy/cyclone blue reversible long sleeve top (Unisex) with Langtree logo
- Sports trainers OR Astro turf footwear
- Football OR Rugby boots for boys. Note: Football boots are only required for girls if they are representing the school in a match or tournament.
- Navy/cyclone blue hoodie with Langtree logo (Unisex)
- Base layer: black or navy long sleeved top (and/or leggings for girls) – No logo
- Navy/cyclone blue or black track suit bottoms – No logo
STRONGLY ADVISED (for contact sports):
- Shin pads
- Gum shield
Students are responsible for all uniform and equipment; school cannot be held responsible for the loss of uniform or equipment.
SCHOOL UNIFORM PURCHASE
All Langtree School uniform MUST be purchased from the Trutex website or Trutex shop in Didcot.
A full uniform list and ordering details can be found at trutexdirect.com and enter LEA00254SB Or from the Trutex shop in Didcot: Trutex Schoolwear and More, 14 Cockcroft Way, Didcot, Oxon. OX11 8LL 01235 211011 www.myschoolwear.co.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Langtree School are aware that there is a bill to be debated in government in March 2020 aimed at allowing more flexibility for parents to purchase uniform from wider outlets other than those recommended by the school.
Until the outcome of this debate is known and made legislative, we require that uniform for Langtree School continues to be purchased through our existing supplier (please see details above).
We wish to re-iterate that Langtree School do not make any profit from the uniform that is sold through these outlets and that the intention behind this practice is to create a uniformity to school wear for students.
As always, financial help may be available with uniform for those on a low income. There is also a reasonable selection of good quality second hand uniform available at the school office for which we ask for a small donation.
GENERAL EQUIPMENT REQUIRED EVERYDAY
All students should have writing materials in school as well as the correct exercise and text books required for each lesson.
- Pen – black ink and spare pen
- Pen – green ink
- Highlighter pen
- Pencil and Pencil sharpener
- Scientific calculator
- Pair of compass’
- Student Handbook
- Individual reading book
- Glue stick
- Colouring Pens
- Mini White Board and Dry Wipe Pen
- 3.5mm Headphones
- Pack of Tissues
- Apron and tea Towel for Food tech lessons
- (Tippex solutions are NOT permitted)
Mobile phones should be switched off and kept in bags or lockers.
Chewing gum is not permitted in school.
No individual music players are permitted in school.
Earphones should not be worn around the school.